Gas safety service
If you have a gas supply in your home, we have a legal duty to carry out a service every 12 months to ensure your safety. Regular gas safety checks are essential to ensure your safety. When we complete your gas service, we'll check the safety of your appliances, which will also help to prevent hazards and minimise breakdowns.
- Minimizes the likelihood of future boiler breakdowns
- Flexible gas schedule
- The gas service date remains fixed if the next service is conducted within 8 weeks of the previous date. For example, if your gas safety check is done on July 10, and your gas MOT date is August 10, the next check will be due on August 10 the following year
- If you've moved into your home during the winter months and require a gas safety check, we may request a second check in the summer to prioritize heating breakdowns in winter
- If you have a new boiler installed during winter, we may also ask for a summer check to manage winter heating demands efficiently
- Giving us access for the annual gas safety check is mandatory in line with your tenancy agreement. Failure to respond or refusal of access may result in legal action
- We'll need someone to be in the property over the age of 18 (ID may be required) during the service. It could you, an occupant or a trusted friend, neighbour or family
- Our time slots are Monday- Friday with a choice of 8am- 12.30, 10am-2pm or 1.30-4.30pm (3.30pm on a Friday)
- Please ensure you've got credit on your gas/electric meters at the time of service, if you're struggling please get in touch
- For any queries or concerns, please contact us promptly via the live chat
- Safety checks on gas equipment, including fires and flues, as per regulations
- Servicing done in compliance with 'Gas Regulation 36'
- Visual checks of your cooker with any defects noted on the Landlord Gas Safety Record (LGSR)
- Immediately dangerous or at-risk equipment capped off; faults on appliances may receive warning notice
- Flame supervision devices fitted in sheltered accommodation, noted on the Landlord Gas Safety Record (LGSR)
- We only use Gas Safe registered engineers to undertake our safety checks, servicing and repairs to appliances, pipework, and flues to ensure we meet all Gas Safe guidance and legal requirements
- We ensure competency of the engineers with a monthly check of all their gas safe training cards, and maintain a skills matrix for them
- We will ensure that any new starters have the appropriate training and experience to undertake the work they're qualified to work on according to their Gas Safe registration
- New starters will be subject to monthly assessments by a Gas Supervisor
- All engineers are required to carry their gas safe registration card at all times
- Phoenix Compliance Management (PCM) may contact you after a gas service.
- They complete an audit to ensure that the gas service was completed correctly and is there to ensure we offer a safe and high level of service.
- The audit is not compulsory and the you can opt out if you wish to
- To confirm any appointments or opt out, please contact PCM on 01322 224 200
If you need to rebook a gas service, please get in contact with us. Our Customer Experience team will be able to help get your gas service rebooked through Live Chat or over the phone